Thursday, July 05, 2007

Yuck.

I just ate my tub of pistachio gelato. It's been sitting there for nearly a week untouched. It had to go eventually....... And I don't do things by halves, so I had the whole tub.


It was good at the time - but now I feel not so good.


Yesterday was another good FLOG day. I did the tactical trick of eating my dinner for lunch, thus allowing myself a very light dinner (half a pineapple that had been sitting in the fridge and threatening to go the same way all my other half pineapples have gone, and rot into oblivian).


I also got new pillows. The top of the range that The Warehouse has to offer. Then I washed all of my linen - sheets, pillowcases and even duvet cover, and took them down to the drycleaners to dry in their industrial dryers.


What I observed while down at the laundromat with the locals is that none of them know how to bloody close a door! I was sitting right by the door and everybody who came in or out left it open.... and there was a jolly cold breeze. Laundromat people are idiots! Anyhow, it cost me $3 to get everything toasty dry and in the meantime I managed to clean out my handbag so it's now super organised with no loose mints or receipts in the bottom of it.


My new pillows were good. I slept well. And my neck did not hurt. My old ones had got so thin that I was having to make a stack of one and a half pillows, which is hard to do.


* * *

Hi Marty!


* * *


Here's a line from the past that Cassie reminded me of the other day - DON'T WORRY, I'LL PUT OUT YOUR INVISIBLE FLAMES!!!! Haha. That still makes me laugh. That'd be another good name for an indoor netball team - 'The Invisible Flames'.


* * *


I am going to buy gold fish today. Well, no necessarily gold fish - just little fish of some description. I might get three. Then you get to witness some interesting interactions. There's usually one big bully fish, one passive fish who gets eaten and never seems to eat anything, and one kinda independant fish who keeps away from the fracas. The latter is usually MY fish.


* * *


Lots of people haven't blogged in ages - and those that have seem to have all blogged about The Transformers movie.


* * *


What's with all the tornadoes???? I was saying to Reidun last night that if my grandma had to die somehow, that being killed by a tornado would be a pretty good way to go (some granny up north had that happen).... I think I sounded kinda callous.... but I meant it in a good way (if that's possible.....).


I just figure there are boring ways to die (in your sleep), embarrassing ways to go (choking on a sandwich

3 comments:

Off-Black said...

Now is it Tornados or Tornadoes?

I wonder about these things.

I have seen it written authoritavely both ways.....

Off-Black said...

authoritatively

Not Kate said...

I don't blimin' know. I didn't know how to spell tomatos until recently....

'Authoritatively' is one of Nicky's favourite words - though she likes to add extra syllables, just for fun - so it becomes 'Authoritatatively'. Bless.