Sunday, July 01, 2007

My Body is a Temple

Ange has inspired me to start a healthy regime during the holidays. I will say this in a public forum so I have more accountability. This regime starts tomorrow (because I bought some yummy stuff yesterday that I have to consume today).


1. I will not eat crap. This includes lollies, chocolate, chippies, gratuitous bread products, fries.


2. I will drink more water. I aim for eight glasses a day. I may burst.


3. I will exercise four times this week. That will be difficult as I have accidentally ended up playing for neither of my basketball teams. I will find a way though!


4. I will take up a new hobby project. Something crafty. Possibly a knitting task.


5. I will read a book to exercise my mind.


6. I will go to bed by 11pm every night. That will encourage me to get up earlier to read and knit and exercise.


There! I will feel tops by the end of the week. I will give progress reports as to how I'm doing on all those fronts. Feel free to enquire and put me under a little pressure to perform.....


* * *


I did in fact see Trace the Ace yesterday. It was grand! She has this sense of humour where she takes the piss out of herself all the time - kinda takes away from MY role in the conversation (I like to do that!) but I love hanging out with people who have no pretensions. She arrived in a bright gold car. Very bling - like a rap star. She could BE a rap star. If she had rhythm.....


She gave me some inside info on the SAS documentaries. She knows Fish. Cool. Fish the SAS dude was cool. She doesn't know Fish of the Hutt. Different kettle of fish altogether :)


I took her to Maranui. She said it could just be her favourite new cafe - and that it all rested on the peanut butter cookie she was saving for desert. It was good! So it's now her favourite. She was swayed by the primo window seat I nabbed while we were in the queue. After we finished eating we saw the new queue people eying us up, waiting for any signs of upwards movement so they could swoop on us. Vultures! We just started avoiding eye contact and continued hogging the good table, even though we'd consumed all our food and drink. And there was NOTHING they could do about it, buddy!


We then took posed photos on the timer. She likes doing that too! Actually... what girl DOESN'T like doing that???? I've had many a group of friends who have been into trying to take the 'perfect shot' using the timer. Me, Nicky and Rebecca were pioneers back in 2003, then Ange and Cass took over the mantle. Apparently the army chicks up in Palmie North have been doing a similar thing up there all this time. We both liked the second photo better - slightly side on, much more flattering. I will be posting it once she has photo-shopped it so that she doesn't look THIRTY and emails it to me.


She, like everybody else in the wooorld, is engaged. She got engaged in February and is getting married in December. It's the year for it, I say! My friends Clint and Lu are marrying early next year, as is Cassie.


* * *


I'm going to Breakfast at Tiffany's with Cass tonight at the lighthouse. Jolly good fun! I'm going to wear my Audrey Hepburn jacket and drink something classy.


There is also a Singstar night in the planning. Possibly Friday. At either Cass's or Ange's (they have a GIANT SCREEN and HUGE SPEAKERS). There is talk of it being a theme night - dress as someone from an 80s cartoon.


It won't eventuate.... but we liked the idea of coming as Jem and the Holigrams, or the Misfits (our songs are better!). Or the Scoobie Doo gang.


* * *


I just ate half a pack of giant M&Ms. I ate the other half last night. It is my final chocolate binge before the Temple programme starts tomorrow. I still have a gelato binge to do today. Busy times!

No comments: