Friday, July 20, 2007

Woohoo!


The Senior B lost by only 9 points tonight! 26-35. That beats losing by fifty points most weeks..... They way we were all congratulating them afterwards you'd think they'd won it :)






I may have been the only ref, and I may have let a few steppy-fouly things go by.... But still! You can't ref the ball into the hoop - they did that on their own. I was dressed differently from in the photo (that was earlier this week when I was relieving for a PE class - I make my students photograph me most lessons, for my archive....). I struggled tonight with my whistle. I bought a cheap one from Rebel sport .... but it came without a strap. So every time I blew the whistle and then opened my mouth to explain what the call was, the whistle would drop down onto the floor ....... By the second half I got the hang of it and kept hold of it in my hand.......






That's the third night in a row I've stayed late at school - Wednesday was a Senior A basketball game unitl 6.30pm, last night was parent interviews til 7pm, tonight was Senior B basketball til 7.30pm. And now I am very very tired from a full week back at school and will go and have a cup of tea and knit to calm my nerves. If you had to teach my form class three days in a row you'd need a cup of tea too.....




* * *

Many people are excited about Harry Potter coming out tomorrow! I am going to go down with Reidun and buy a copy - it will be my first ever book in the series. I figure I ought to get on the band-wagon before it's too late.




Might give this whole 'reading' lark another try........ I am, after all, a teacher of the English.

No comments: