Friday, July 06, 2007

Quiz


We can a rather uncreditable fourth place out of ten. Largely due to an abyssmal 2/10 on the geography round and a couple of other 6/10 rounds to boot. Shame shame! Will have to redeem ourselves some other time.


Justin will now be known as 'The Silver Dagger'.


My intuitive knowledge that Sean Connery is in fact married came into play. As did my ever-useful recollection of the TV show 'Hawaii 5-0' and the fact that it is thus called because Hawaii is the fiftieth state. I'm sure I got some other stuff right..... but I can't recall what it was.


Me and Reidun caused a to-do by sending out coffees back. They were only luke-warm. I tried mine first and commented on that.... You know how you wanna be able to savour a coffee, kinda cradle it in your hands for a while and blow on it..... Well, it was already at the temperature where you'd better drink it before it gets cold.... and hurry up about it. And then Reidun said hers was even colder. They gave us dirty looks and then intentionally fell over themselves to ask if the next one was to our liking. But by golly, it was a darned sight better and I hope they learnt their lesson about serving hot drinks more promptly!


And yet again, our team didn't win any of the spot prizes - I swear it's a conspiracy. I even had some of our entries folded, some not folded (I dunno which ones he goes for more often - so hedged my bets) and I scattered them throughout the pile. I am sick of The Locals always bloody winning something..... They must be stopped! They've even got a menu item named after them. It's just favouratism....


Fish


I bought two fish yesterday. Then I got home and realised I can't recall where my old fish tank is..... So they are living in a bucket for now. It's like a big adventure for them! They are getting to know each other in very close quarters. They will either become the best of friends - or start eating each other. I'll take bets either way.


I got a little Black Moor and a motley one (bubbakanooshkin - or something). I was going to get three but the lady in the pet store seemed to think that would be pet abuse, given the sized bowl I wanted to put them in .... and I didn't want to reveal my true self to a stranger, so I vowed to go to a different shop to get the third fish. Then my social experiment can truly get underway! Who will be top of the tank? Who will slowly starve away into oblivian?


Hmm.... It sounds cruel when I put it like that.


Once they are situated in a tank I will post their photos on here and possible name suggestions can be tendered.


Flog


Yesterday I went off the wagon a bit. Hey - I'm only human...... I started with the pistachio gelato, then had a caramel slice for lunch..... and a few wedges at the pub quiz...... Today I'm back with a vengeance! No more crappy food. NO MORE!


I have yet to address any of my other Temple goals. No exercise since Monday. No hobbies. No books read. Goddamn it! My mind is not a temple yet. The rain is not helping either.


My fingers are cold from typing. That's not good. Must stop now.

No comments: