Saturday, July 07, 2007

WE ARE THE SING STARS!

Cassie had a knack for striking a pose at the right moment (sometimes at the expense of her score). It's amazing how you can actually tell from a still photo what a terrible dancer I am..... It translates into 2-D well.


Last night was SING STAR (TM) night in the Hutt. Yeah, baby! That's my idea of a Friday night of fun (seriously).


We had a wee pot-luck dinner at Cass and Ant's (they are sans mother at the moment, so have the run of the joint and can have candle-lit meals without Joan interrupting and wanting them to do the dishes or pass the salt). Ange brought the nibbles, I almost made a salad (I brought the ingredients and let Ant put them together a la 'Ready Steady Cook') and Ant made a rice risotto.


Very nice!


Then the main attraction began. I got out the Canadian Club and ginger ale and me and Cass limbered up our vocal chords. As the night progressed, any time our voices got a bit croaky we took another swig of the whiskey - that's what the professional rock stars do, I hear.


We are truly stars (no matter what the stupid programme says). It's all attitude - and we have plenty of that. We found our signature song - Shannon Knolls' version of 'It isn't Fair' (that may or may not be the real title of it). It has lovely soft bits, a great story and then really really LOUD bits we can yell out at the top of our lungs. Ideal! We sang that lots of times.


We discovered that rap is bloody hard to do and Dolly Parton's 9-to-5 is also very hard to keep up with. How does she do it?


Today I did some more shopping - had to get a wee present for Kirsten's 30th and my dad's birthday. I finally got my dad a cheap 1gig MP3 player. I will put lots of songs on it for him, because he's not technologically blessed and will probably never get around to doing that for himself. In theory it will be handy because he walks to work most days. In practicality he will probably barely use it - but the thought's there. He can give it back to me and I'll use it myself if he doesn't like it :) It's also got an FM radio and can record voices too. Multi purpose!


My impulse buys included a badge (that perfectly matches the sweater I am wearing in below pictures), a bracelet ($12 bargain) and a pair of stockings with birds on them, further progressing my strange penchant for clothes with birds on them. I could do a whole outfit now (no kidding - stockings, skirt, top, earrings). And an Elliott Smith CD - double CD for $35. I've always liked the kid. Ever since the Good Will Hunting sound-track. And now he's dead.

Notice how the Gollums help emote the song and how very shiny and healthy my newly cut hair is :)
Angela refused to sing and become instead our specialist photographer, including herself artily in some of the shots.

No comments: