Tuesday, July 10, 2007

TRACEY is NOW BLOGFAMOUS and Target - 20 stripes by nightfall

I'm not sure if she's ever actually ready it - but Tracey was dead keen to get her face plastered on my blog. And so she should be! I have a readership of about 10 people - and they're all very discerning. She can now be stalked as well. She was one of the more popular girls in our year group, having a many a young Levinian boy having crushes on her due to that girl-next-door charm that netball-rep physique.




This is me (left) and my school friend Trace the Ace (right). She has always been short compared to me. Nothing has changed. She is almost a Major in the army. I like to think of myself as a Major in the class-room. I'm sure we both have to put on our bossy sides every now and then.... I just don't get to use a gun......


Obviously she went to school with Ange too, and Sarah (for those who remember her). Together those three friends formed a tria-corners of the Horowhenua. Ange represented Shannon, Sarah was from Koputaroa (sp?) and Trace from Ohau. I hung with the country kids! I myself was what we call a 'townie'. Born and bred in the hustling hub-bub of the township, not having to take a bus to get to school (it was a ten minute walk) and easily able to bike to school on those days where a cycle was required for PE.


Note that I had to crop the photo because I had my thigh protruding at juuust the right angle for it to take up half the shot. Quite a masterful pose, if I was hoping to form the 'before' picture of a thigh-master ad. Best kept off-line.


* * *



I am afraid Tracey does not warrant her own blog entry. She must share it with my scarf.


This is the progress on my scarf as of this afternoon. I have since added a couple more stripes. Should reach my target at approximately 1945hours. See, I'm using army speak - just like Tracey would.


It'll be about 40% finished at that stage. Excellent progress! I'm hoping to finish it by Friday so that I can get Lynne to cast off for me (is that what you call finishing your knitting - not sure on the terminology).

1 comment:

Svend said...

I just assumed that you'd just be taking nearly 2000 hours to hit your next benchmark. Not that I think you're a procrastinatrix, or anything... maybe I thought that you were knitting a really, really long scarf?