Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Not Sensible.

I had a dream last night that I can actually remember, which is rare for me these days.

I was teaching my Year 9 class (though not in my classroom - the school looked different to mine, though the other teachers in it were definitely my current colleagues).

And some kids got up and talked (it was the new girl, who'd transferred from Upper Hutt's, birthday and the kids all thought she was really nice).

Anyhow, towards the end of the lesson I went over to the window and one of the students was looking out at the quad (the class is on the second floor).

There are these two idiots who has somehow got a picnic table up on to the top of a pole (which seemed really high up) and were sitting on either side of it, waving at us. I had no idea how they could have done that.

I said, 'Well - that's not sensible.'

It was slightly lop-sided and as I saw it start to give way to the pole in the middle, I said to the kid, 'Don't look.' I looked away as I saw the table careening down the pole and it hit the concrete so hard it left a hole in the ground.

I assumed the two kids had died.

While I was concerned about how seeing this may have traumatised the kid I'd been watching with, I figured somebody on the ground floor would go sort it out.

The bell went, and I kept in a bunch of students to talk to them about their behaviour and how they needed to be quieter during discussions. I knew the kids who'd stayed behind weren't actually the naughty kids, though - those ones had scarpered already.

Anyhow.... I figure the dream either says that I'm cool as a cucumber in an emergency, or I just don't care.

Hmm.

No comments: