Pros
1. I achieved a lot more by 1pm than usual.
2. I am teaching 'Amelie' to my Year 12s and that's a delight - they like it. They were actually physcially excited to be doing a film study.
3. Some of my naughties were doing grammar work in a write-in book and said it was 'fun'. Heck yeah - prepositions and conjunctions rock.
4. I got to hear lots of feedback from staff and students about the new Harry Potter film, which I haven't seen yet. It's all good.
5. Cute assignment with ribbons, put together in a booklet that folds out like an accordian.
6. My time-table this term has 5/10 days where I have last period off! I can go shopping or get home in time to enjoy sunlight.
7. I did a collage on my rollbook cover at the end of last term, and it still makes me smile. Pretty colours.... shiny.....
Cons
1. Work emails. Ugh. They're all telling me about meetings and new projects and usually they're sent twice because people forgot the attachments.
2. People asking, 'So did you have a good holiday? Do anything exciting?'
3. Children who were away, possibly with the swine, at the end of last term and come up to me when I'm in the middle of calling the roll to ask if they can have any work they missed.
4. Timetable changes that mean my class didn't realise they had English today and came without their folders.
5. Children who haven't properly started their assessments (due in two weeks), thus worrying me slightly.
6. Parent interviews are this week. Oops - forgot about them.
No comments:
Post a Comment