I haven't really watched the previous Toy Story movies (enough of the quotes and images are ingrained in kid-pop-culture that I feel like I've seen them, though).
But Rich had cheap tickets and I tend to like the good quality kiddie-cartoony things.
It was decent. It left me less frustrated than Inception.
I think I have a rather immature emotional core, so I do like the simple moral messages in those kinda films. Loyalty and courage are pretty awesome values. If only life was so simple.
It made me think of my favourite childhood toy, Ellie. I was bloody loyal to Ellie. He went on many family trips with me and I pretend-stitched up the hole in his neck many times (for some reason I thought it necessary to douse him in talcum powder each time I pretend-operated on him - wasn't quite sure what else to use it for and I had a couple of containers of it from Nana).
But I don't know where Ellie is.
It causes me pangs of anxiety.
I know that he was at my Dad's house. I know that when he moved in with his wife, Ellie was put in a box labelled 'stuffed toys'. I know that he was on a shelf up in the loft of the new house for a while.
I also know that their dog likes to chew soft toys and had been fed many of my old stuffed animals (to my chagrin). I also know that many of my old toys had been regifted to younger nephews and neices. But surely Ellie was too old and beat-up to be donated.....
They have moved house again and Ellie was apparently boxed up with some other 'treasures' for me, which I only just got .... but he's not in any of the boxes.
I have to accept the fact that Ellie may have been eaten by a dog.
That makes me feel bad.
I think this incident may come up if I even need counselling and am asked, 'So how did your father's remarrying affect you?'
No comments:
Post a Comment