Ahh, the memories!
I went to the film with Cass and Ange (my girl crew) and a lot of it rang true. So we don't wear couture and our city is Wellington, not New York, but there were all kinds of things that we would nudge each other about in recognition.
In a perfect touch, Ange bought us each a designer cupcake from some store in the Old Bank Arcade - each of which came in a little box with a ribbon on it (and was apparently chosen to reflect our personality in some way). They were gorgeous and totally something Carrie and the crew would love.
A couple of characters went through breakup trauma, which we've all had, one had an incident that I could liken to Cassie's food poisoning and they were all just looking for the same kinda thing we'd all like.
Anyhow.... I quite liked the experience. Probably wouldn't have liked it as much without my friends there though. I think at the bit where Charlotte gives Mr Big the evils and says 'Leave her alone!' and where she's planned what she'll say next time she sees him, we all thought that's what we'd do for each other. There were moments where that girl-loyalty was epitomised. It's nice how your friends rally for you in a crisis!
And of course, you have to cast yourself in each role. For us, Cassie was the obvious Samantha (though she'll dispute that). Ange has a bit of the Miranda spirit in her, but mostly suits the role because of the red-head thing (she was inspired by a lot of the clothes and colours Miranda got away with). That left me to be Charlotte - the dark haired, idealistic (slightly prudish) one. I like that! I think all three of us have a bit of the Carrie spirit in us. Ange has the flair for drama, I have the same laptop-hovering tendencies and Cassie is the hub.
I quite liked some of the things Big did for Carrie - though I'm still an Aidan fan at heart.
Certainly one to see with your girl friends - or wait til it comes out on DVD if you are a boy with too much shame to be seen out with the women :)
No comments:
Post a Comment