1. I love the honey-flavoured Greek yogurts you can buy. I refuse to acknowledge that it is not actually healthy. It has the word 'yogurt' in it.... that means it must be low-fat and good for you!
2. I liked tonight's Frisbee game. After brief worries around 4.30pm when the third player of the day texted to pull out.... we ended up having a good sized team there (once I confirmed Janine was happy to play again, Justin got out of working late and Damon brought along a really good ring-in also - who should, by the way, come play again some time!). I felt very red and puffed for the most part, which means it was a good game. Good exercise, anyhow. Every single person on their team was super-fit and super-fast. I like trying to bags the slow person to defend... but there just was none! I think, although we lost, we were all fairly happy with how we're progressing. We have a lot more long-threats. The team we played was pretty nice to play - not all rules-anal.
3. Thinking of the inauguration coming up reminds me that I was at Bill Clinton's first one. We were on a family trip to America and Mum manged to time it so that we saw heaps of cool stuff. We were in Chicago for Christmas day, where we went to a Bulls game in their final season at Chicago Stadium (versus one of their main rivals at the time, the Knicks). We were in New York for New Year's Eve, to see the ball drop in Times Square. And we were in Washington right when the inauguration was happening. I was actually sick through most of NY and Washington, in bed with some fever/flu thing. So I stayed home that day - went to a deli with Dad and got a really good sandwich (one of those multi-layers of meat ones they make over there) and watched it on TV. I remember there were heaps of Pro-Life rallies on, because Clinton I think was known for being more Pro-Choice. My mum felt really brave cause she found out that the blue ribbon represented Pro-Choice and she wore a blue ribbon around, right through these rallies.
No comments:
Post a Comment