I hate it when people get told off in front of you. I hate it when those people are colleagues and they are being told off like they're little kids.
I witnessed this today - a first year teacher being told off by his TIC. I felt horrible for him. My HOD would never in a million years have talked to any of her department like that.
This person was someone I already didn't have a lot of time for. Though she's a great teacher, she has a few things to learn about sensitivity. And she has a piercing voice.
* * *
The first of my good friends from school has turned 30. June 25th. She's a captain in the army, almost a major. To be honest I haven't seen her for .... years. Maybe seven years or so. But she's one of those people you can just pick up with like nothing's happened. She's been busy serving and Timor and whatnot. It's understandable. They made her a cake in the army caf....though she didn't order them to do it. She didn't order the Code Red either [her joke, not mine].
Her dad was in the SAS.
* * *
I am tired now. I might go to bed. Early! Man, winter sucks.
* * *
This is the first year I've had a car during the winter time. I have noticed three things
1. The windows fog up lots. Vision can be impaired.
2. One morning there was ice on the window and I had to get warm water to get it off.
3. The heater takes a little while to kick in - usually not until I'm in the middle of the tunnel. By the time I get to my destination I don't want to get out of the car again. Too cold!
* * *
The beanie has come out. That means it's really really winter.
* * *
We have used the heater heaps. Power bill will be astronomical.
5 comments:
I don't know that I'd use warm water to clear the windscreen if I was you.. I think that can make it crack...
agreed. Cold is just as effective, it only needs to be warmer than the ice.
Providing the wipers aren't actualy frozen to the windscreen, start the car and put the wipers on intermittent while you apply the water.
If the are frozen, carefully lift them off, then do the above.
Power bills are hideous. Ours is going to be sky high, because the estimate for June was only $80. And we've had the heater on heaps more than usual cos I've been sick.
As long as your heater is more efficient than that one in Berhampore...
Old Brown, the giant heater from the 80s? That is a beast.
We have a ceramic one in the lounge. We've heard good things about efficiency - but I think it's just a glorified fan heater.
Post a Comment