I have been taking buses to and from town during the week to avoid the hassle of parking.
I had two nice bus drivers today. The first one was a lady. We were driving directly behind another trolley-bus from Manners St to Lambton Quay. Sitting in the back of the other trolley-bus was a women with two week kids, about 2 and 3 years old. They were very excited by the journey, and kept turning back to look at our bus. The driver of my bus would smile and wave at them, and they'd wave back. If they got a bit ahead of us, the kids would keep watching, wistfully.... until we caught up at the lights, where they'd wave to the driver again. You could tell she was quite enjoying this little interaction. Cute kids too - curly hair and big eyes and grins. I was thinking, 'How could a kid so angelic looking ever be any trouble??'
Then at the lights by the Old Bank Arcade our driver slowed down, then suddenly accelerated towards them for about a metre, just after the lights had gone red.... Some lady halfway across the crossing got a shock and shot my nice bus driver an evil glare. She looked like your typical middle-aged rich lady out to check out the latest stock at Kircaldies..... My driver just smiled and laughed. I think she got a kick out of giving the old biddy a scare. I enjoyed seeing that too.
Nice that she kept herself entertained :) Better than a grumpy driver.
* * *
Got a haircut today. Hairdressers are obsessed with cutting hair shorter and shorter and making fringes more pronounced. That is all I have to say about that.
* * *
I bought a couple of things from Riccochet. On sale, of course (their stuff is ridiculously expensive and I resent that you have to step outside the changing rooms to find a mirror). That means I am officially 'urban chic' now :) Or maybe I still have to buy something from Starfish....
No comments:
Post a Comment