Below: A pretty posey
I think they're interesting in that you can fairly much guarantee that any male and female walking around together are engaged. You can use it as an anthropological opportunity and notice that couples are, generally, well matched. They look similar, dress to a similar level of 'coolness'. Almost without exception the couples were very similar looking.
I noticed all of this from my somewhat painful wait outside the entrance. Standing there by yourself you feel somewhat conspicuous and hope nobody will come up and say, 'So when's the big day?' and try and sell you something. People started getting quite put out by me refusing to take their brochures.
Wedding expos really are a playground for girls though. They combine many of our favourite things: pretty dresses, pretty flowers, pretty cakes, pretty stationery and pretty music. It just all happens to be themed.
The highlight for me was finding the BEST FUDGE IN THE WORLD. I wouldn't have shared it if you'd asked! It was my prrrrecious. The gollums cherished each delectable crumb. Mmmmm.
Fishy's birthday afternoon tea was delightful. I chatted more to Cass and Ant and then Ken and Holly. Then I chatted to Morgan and Sam made us look at photo albums. I was in only one photo. There were rats too. I touched one of them. They were less yucky than some rats I've seen.
Morgan said I'd look good in greyscale, due to my ensemble. I think that's a compliment. But it may not be...... You just smile and nod when he says such things.
It's my school-girl pinafore outfit. Jolly fun!
I was showing some students a clip on a video today and it happened to have my old game-show footage at the beginning of the tape.... and we happened to finish a little early. So I let them watch it as a 'treat'. Of course, at that moment the dean of the year level came in and was a little surprised at my 'lesson'.
Perhaps as a compliment, one of the students flat-out refused to believe the person on screen was me. I swore it was, and that the cameras are most unflattering. One student said I looked 'stubbly' .... though on further explanation I'm fairly sure she meant 'chubby' .... and they started expounding on the theory that the camera adds 20 pounds. They also like me better with my longer hair................. They noticed that I grimace every time the camera is on me. I explained that that was because I was realised just how bloody bad I was going to do and that everybody I'd ever known was going to see this on TV.... plus I didn't know the answer. It was my 'uh-oh' face.
* * *
The handy-man came around to look at the leak in my bedroom roof. I had to strategically hide the iron-mark on the floor with my laptop. The landlord has not seen my iron-mark yet. It is unmistakably an iron-mark. I don't think she'll like it much but it sure is a talking point.
No comments:
Post a Comment