Thursday, May 10, 2007

Odds and Sods

1.

It's becoming winter. There is a sudden change in work at lunch time. Everybody has started bringing toast bread and a can of tuna. It is the lunch of choice.

2.
My students 'regretfully' decided not to enter the 48 Hour Thingie.

3.
It is a long-standing fact that Angela and I are never dating at the same time. It seems that the equilibrium is that at any given time, only one of us is allowed to go on dates or be in a relationship. The universe would be out of kilter if this was not the case.

That has worked out strangley in the last few years, as she has had 'summer flings' and I have had the 'winter relationships'. Not sure who's getting the better deal there. Sure, the winter ones keep you warm - but the summer ones are carefree and you can do out-doorsy things and eat ice-cream.

This week - we BOTH went on dates. If any strange phenomenons happen in the next wee bit (tidal waves, crop circles, wars on terrorism) blame it on that.

3 comments:

strong light said...

Ooohhhh I love dating stories! Was it a blind date? I've had some painful blind dates - I think I met the most boring man in Wellington. Seriously. I have a 2 date rule - because you can't really make a judgement after only 1 date. Unless its with the most boring man in wellington.

Not Kate said...

I'm against the two-date rule. I can always tell after about 10 seconds. Snap judgements are never wrong! (Ok, that may not ALWAYS be true.... but with dating I figure there's the whole pheramone thing going on - you can usually decide if you could imagine kissing someone pretty quickly.)

Ange used to be a fan of the two-date rule, but she has come to my way of thinking. She realised that the second date did nothing but confirm her first date impression and ended up thus being very painful and drawn out....

How did you end the date with the most boring man in Wellington? I bet you had to tell a few white lies there.

strong light said...

He bored me to tears with detailed conversation about the process for his performance review at work. After 2 drinks on a Thursday night I announced that I was sorry but I had to go back to work. He was totally understanding...