Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Letter K

I have had a busy week. Not sure why - just lots of things to do, places to be. As a result I have been going to bed late and am very tired. I was so sleepy looking when I arrived at a departmental breakfast this morning that someone commented later in the day that she was quite concerned over my lack of colour. I am not a morning person at the best of times. The Beatles song 'I'm soo-ooo0-ooo tired/I haven't slept a wink/I'm sooo-ooooo tired/My mind is on the blink' song comes to mind..... This must be what Angela always feels like.


And here I am blogging at 10.21pm. Me=moron. GO TO BED, ME!


* * *


I had a harrowing experience tonight (slight exaggeration). My basketball club has two teams in the mid-week grade. There is the team I used to play for, and the team I play for now. I get the distinct feeling that the former team has ill-feelings towards my apparent desertion of them.


It was honestly a matter of 'put me in the team that needs players'.... but it's in the higher grade..... I had to return my singlet to them and got a rather frosty greeting, and when I asked if I could maybe wear it for our game (my team didn't have enough singlets for everyone) I got a haughty 'Well - we might need it - we have other people coming.... but if they don't come I'll bring it over' (for the record: they didn't come, it wasn't brought over..... my team had to physically swap singlets when subs went on, which meant a lot of running around in sports bras).


Lots of times over the course of my game I looked over longingly at them - they had no subs, my team had 10 players. I barely broke a sweat - my old team looked exhausted (and very short). I was quite torn. I think they need me more than my new team do - might see if a switch back could be orchestrated (the season is only two games old). It would be fun to play down in C-grade for a season.


* * *


The thought of a game-show based around three contestants vying to win the chance at a much-needed kidney transplant is rather sickening.


* * *


I will do a wrap-up of the Dancing With Stars season later on. It will be one of my weekend tasks. Bring on the weekend!

No comments: