Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Gods are Smiling on me.

Tomorrow night's home game at school has been defaulted by the other team. I now don't have to go back to school at 6pm anymore!

Thus I am able to instead fully take part in the inter-departmental indoor bowls competition.

I shall relish the opportunity to relive my glory days of lawn bowling and will try and regain the competitive form that saw me come first overall in the inter-departmental 10 Pin Bowling comp last year.

Team English shall compete valiantly.........

* * *

What were some memorable moments from my day......

1) The bad-asssest kid in my class actually did all her work because I promised that if she did she'd get a tiny little Winnie the Pooh sticker (who knew it was that easy to bribe her???).

2) My favourite dread-locked student (the one who listens to NIN) came in to borrow my keys and get some dictionaries for her class.... The principal had just given a speech on wearing uniform properly and asked us to 'back her up', so I said gleefully, 'Sure you can, but first do up the top button of your shirt properly.'

After several back-and-forths where she said, 'But Miss, don't be silly..... we've got an assessment, so I just need to get them now,' and I said, 'So hurry up and tidy it so you're a good role model for my Year 9s!' ...... she said with a smirk, 'Fine - I'll go get keys off a different teacher,' and exited triumphantly.

She slunk back a few minutes later, doing up her button mumbling in defeat (but with a good-humoured smile), 'Nobody else up here has keys.......' VICTORY TO ME! Her rebellious little stand was ruined. We often have such battles (I used to have an envelope in my drawer which I put confiscated jewelry in and affectionately called 'My Natalie Envelope').

No comments: