Sunday, May 20, 2007

Five Days Til Next Weekend.

Weekends rule.


Clayton is cooking Sunday night shanks for us all. He has been talking about having shank-offs this winter, where we all have a turn at it. Looks like he'll set a high precedence - he started in on his last night, so they'll be absolutely falling off the bone by now. Apparently he's used a Jamie Olliver recipe, but tweaked it up again. From MY recipe book, mind you! He's stolen my resources..... how am I going to win now??? Actually, I stand no hope in hell 0f winning the shank-off given the quality of Reidun and Clayton's cooking. Paul is a dark-horse - he's the artistic type, so he may pull one out of the bag.


* * *


To try to win a long-standing debate, Ben forced me into watching some Buffy on DVD. It is acknowledged that even if I enjoy watching it, I will never admit defeat and say it's 'good' TV.


You hear that, Richard!


* * *


We won a pub quiz last night, fundraising for some netball club. It was a hollow victory though - l0ts of answers bought from one of the hostesses (it's all about your connections). But at the end of the day we got the $100 bar tab. That made for some nice Bailleys to cap off the night. Fishy, Sammy, Richy, Kirsten and others were all in attendance.


* * *


We've now got SKY TV in my flat. I just watched some antiques show for a while. Joy! My guilty pleasure, Paradise City, was on E! but some of Clayton's cool friends came around, so I thought I'd better switch it onto something more sophisticated..... Damn them......


* * *


Brooklyn Bakery = Yummy


Me and Ange had a debriefing lunch there today. I had a chili, lime and chicken filo that was fairly tasty and she had a chicken, cranberry and Camembert stack that is now her second favourite dish there (after the white wine chicken filo). Also, my chocolate cake was moist and delicious. I very rarely get chocolate cake, but I'm glad I did this time.

No comments: