1. Gelato
Last night we (mainly Ange, to her credit) discovered the new gelato place on Courtenay Place. It's the same name as the place on Oriental Parade, but I'd never been to that one. Kaffe Eis (something like that).
It is YUMTASTIC. There are at least 20 choices of flavours, about half fruity and half chocolately goodness. And for less than the price of a handle of beer, you get to try two flavours in a little pottle with a tiny little spoon (so it lasts for ages). And it has absolutley no calories, so you can eat as much as you like! (This may be a delusion of mine, but please don't correct me - it makes me happy to believe this.)
We ate our little pottles silently for a good ten minutes, only stopping to say inane things like, 'It really DOES taste coconutty..... It's so good!' And within that time there was no talk of boys or other frivalous gossip. It may well be true that gelato is better than sex. For that particular moment we were fairly satisfied, anyhow.
I had raspberry and caramello, Ange had strawberry and coconut and Lauren had mixed berry and chocolate chip. We all raved. I really think you can't go wrong.
I am going to make it my mission to try every single flavour....... I wish I hadn't started this mission so close to winter.......
2. Sporty Stuff
We played netball today for Michelle's team. It was a good close game. My woeful shooting/passing/running/general-playing continued. It's very odd. I feel like Austin Powers.... who stole my mojo?
Then there were some ballin' shooing games between me, Morgan and Ben. I believe I was the overall champion. Morgan had fun in his own special way (he'd have hours of fun with just a stick and a rock). I was somewhat concerned that Ben managed to sneak in a few victories as I am usually undefeatable..... I'm sure I can come up with some viable excuses, given time.
3. LVN
I caught up on some great family gossip and got fed well on my trip home for the day.
Apparently my step-mum has turned into a self-confessed grumpy old trout. She is that grumpy lady that makes a scene in a shop. She tried to return a can opener at The Warehouse and ended up storming out of there, with the supervisor following her insisting she take the good in question with her - but Lynne yelled out, 'I don't want your bloody can-opener! You can keep it. Give it to the manager for christmas!' and after further provoking she said, 'You can stick it up your ass!' That story had me in tears. She went back the next day and apologised. Chronic pain does funny things to people.... Evidently it makes you far less tolerant of stupid shop policies.
My dad tried to notice something to do with 'fashion'. He asked if I'd thinned out my hair (in a nice way). I explained that it's the straightening..... takes away the frizz. He nodded and went, 'Hmm!'
Then there was the story from the wedding. I liked that one. He was at my cousin's wedding and had had a few drinks. Lynne said it was time they went home, at which point he nodded and started taking his watch off. While wobbling on his feet and leaning on the wall he said, 'Hold this, dear'. Then he took off his shoes and gave her his wallet too.
Lynne thought it was time to get him home, so went off to get the car. At this point, people suspected Dad was about to collapse or fall over, he was so shaky on his feet (he uses a cane even when he's sober....). But all of a sudden he straightened up, took a few strides towards the swimming pool and jumped in.
According to reports, people starting laughing and clapping. So he got out and bowed. At this point Lynne came back, he walked up to her and gave her a big wet hug. And then they went home. Sopping wet.
Dad likes to do strange spontaneous things sometimes................ He went back the next day and my cousin said, 'Uncle Merv - my friends think you're a legend now!'
Home is good, though. It helps that their house is like something out of a Home and Garden magazine. It is just delightful.
Libby gave me fleas. I have two itchy bites of my hip.
* * *
Back to school tomorrow. Stink! Only good thing is that I'll be able to wear some of my new clothes. That'll be fun.
1 comment:
My Mum is the customer from hell - she's been like that for *years*.
I find the best way to avoid embarrasment is to wait a discrete distance away from the, er, scene, then walk away just before they do, and meet them *outside* the store. That way nobody realises that you are with them.
****
Your Dad cracks me up :)
Post a Comment