Thursday, April 19, 2007

Strange.

1. Vonnegut

In his passing, I was reminded that ages ago I bought the movie of Slapstick for $1.97 from a bargain bin at The Warehouse. I mainly bought it because it seemed like a really odd book to try and turn into a movie - I wondered how they'd do it.

Badly, is the answer. Any film starring Jerry Lewis as the father is bound to be ..... slapstick. And they made it into a movie by only including about the first 1/5th of the story-line and ignoring all the best bits and somehow inserting an alien spaceship into it where I don't remember there being any aliens.

Hi ho.

2. Netball

Last night's game was much better. Jon thinks the aliens must have returned me safely (though five minutes late). It was four players from our Monday team, just under a different guise. In a much better grade.

Evidently our Monday team is in grade 2, which is ..... high. We must've done something to piss Georgie off. Has she never seen Ken play???

3. Music

With my new broadband I have watched the JCB song three times. It is just adorable. You may have seen it when it was on C4 late last year, but if you haven't - watch it! It's got a cartoon of a yellow digger and Optimus Prime. I'm Luke, I'm five, and my dad's Bruce Lee. Drives me round in his JCB.

Being as Ange is lining up gigs and auditions for me left right and centre I figured I'd better dust of the old geetar. I learnt me a new song yesterday, the Evermore one that's got the video with Sally from Home and Away.

It is hard to play the geetar with one sore finger. It is also hard to play it when you haven't played in ages and your once proud callouses have all but disappeared. Making new ones is owie.

I think my best song is now a Bob Dylan one - It Ain't Me, Babe. Bob Dylan songs are easy to sing and play! Bless folk singers. I was about to say something mean about Bob's vocal stylings but I must remember that Woodie Guthrie said he actually liked them. And he knows more than me.

PS - Vogels cereal is the shizm (as the young folks say). I got the golden syrup one. I am salivating at the thought of it...................

3 comments:

Charlie Brown said...

Katie, don't forget... You tube is downloading!

Not Kate said...

That is drummed into my brain, thanks to your never-changing blog :)

And there is also a very nasty lady in Bulls......

Charlie Brown said...

Haha.
Blog something else. I am bored at work and need some new reading material.