This project involved making a photo album for Ange's birthday. I was trying to hunt down a present yesterday and the best I came up with was a funky lookin' album from Iko Iko (on special!). So today I had to adorn it a bit.

Above: I matched the album title to the colours on the cover. You can't see that, but trust me. I laminated my personal note on the left (just for the hell of it - I had spare laminate).
Step 1
Find lots of photos on laptop. Select and transfer to school network via memory stick.
Above: Photos from our night at Kai in the City, one of me and Ange's patented self-portraits and the posse going lawn bowling (ok - so Ange isn't in that photo, I just like it).
Step 2
Insert pictures into a word document and resize.
Above: The three amigos helping themselves to the buffet at Cassie's birthday dinner this year and some photos from Cassie and Ant's potluck dinner last year.
Step 3
Print out on the school's flash colour printer and hope the rather serious techie guy doesn't tell you off or nark on you.
Above: The nativity scene I made (Ange and me are angels, Cassie and Ken are farmyard animals - thems the breaks) and the three amigos re-enacting a blogging moment.
Step 4
Guillotine. Hope that the incessant creaking noise of the guillotine doesn't annoy the techie guy enough that he comes and tells you off.
Above: A rare photo of Ange in a dress and another of our patented self-portrait serieses.
Step 5
Look up 'vintage wallpaper' and 'scrapbooking paper' on google image search and copy and paste approriate images to word as background patterns. Print out, and again hope techie guy doesn't pay much attention to what you're doing.
Step 6
Guillotine. Quietly.
Step 7
Go home and magic dot it all together. Go for chronological order, but accidentally miss out a page and screw that up. Realise you have lost several photos somewhere along the way.
Step 7
Wrap prettily. Use the ribbon you accidentally dropped in your pumpkin soup when Ange came around unannounced to use your hair straighteners and you had to hurridly pack up her present. Done!
Project 2 - The Indoor Netball Team Draws
Project 2 - The Indoor Netball Team Draws
I laminated them! I pity the fool!

No comments:
Post a Comment