Saturday, April 14, 2007

Ange's Thing.

Last night was good fun. Ange's flatmate is fun to take the piss out of. We manged to negotiate with him for her to have control of the remote control Monday through Thursday. That is a big concession because he is of the opinion that 'live sports takes precedence'. And we warned him that we would be having a girl-night round there every Tuesday while Dancing With the Stars is on. We may have even talked Blair/Dale into joining us for girl-night. We were all most impressed with Suzanne Paul's performance last week. Mixed reviews about the others.

There was a fairly heated discussion about the merits (or lack thereof) of rugby league. Clint pointed out that a lot of girls he dated have preferred it to union. I pointed out that that may have said more about his class of lady-friend than which sport was best.... To further back up his point he said that he thought girls preferred it because it was a bit simpler than rugby union to follow.... Again, I referred back to how that was more of a reflection on his class of woman.......

I am a rugby league snob - I admit it. HATE the sport. It's just moronic. And everyone who plays it seems to be an absolute knuckle-head. It annoys the heck out of me when they squirm around on the ground trying to eke out penalties and none of them seem to be able to resist a fight. And the jerseys are ugly. So yeah........ That's my anti-league speil. I will not be swayed on this matter.

I got my photo taken by a Japanese tourist at Molly's, whilst dancing with his teddybear (his request). That was odd. He singled me out and my friends parted like the red sea. That photo could end up anywhere......

We tried several times to take the dance-floor by storm, but it just wasn't crankin'. And American Pie is a bloody long song to sustain your dancing through. At the end of it the band thanked us for our enthusiastic singing-along (I like to think that was aimed at me and I also like to think he wasn't being sarcastic.....).

I was quite purposefully holding my liquor well to make up for my new year's eve embarrassment (that is the only other time I've been out with Ange's flatmates and boy do they like to remind me about it). I think other than the odd instance of mildly obnoxious ribbing from me, I was charming and held my decorum well last night.

We ran into a guy we went to school with. He said I looked 'fantastic'. I said, ' I know!' (Monica from Friends style) and walked away. That's all I will say about that so as not to embarrass young Angela.

We briefly explored the new Malt House but it was too crowded and my ex-flatmate (the one I kicked out) was there. The demographic there actually made us feel 'young' for a change.

* * *

Today ...... I wore socks with jandals because it was bloody cold. I even wore them out to Chicky's to get some chicken. It's Upper Cuba St - they're all freaks too.

We watched Little Miss Sunshine. I liked it. They reminded me of my own family. Bless! We liked the grandad and the uncle the best. The little girl was cool too. We've all had those experiences where we had to push-start a van. Good times! Mine was at a basketball tournament in Wanganui. There were certainly laugh-out-loud moments (LOL moments for you funky text writer types). I may add it to my class-room-movie-posters.

My finger is still fairly sore. I suspect severly deep internal bruising.

That is all.

No comments: