We all go into the teaching profession hoping to do that. I think I have now achieved my greatness.
I made my Year 12 Media class analyse a couple of scenes from Amelie. And now lots of them have gone out and bought the DVD or hired the movie or dug it up from their parents' collections.
My job is done.
* * *
I am also putting my laminator to use by printing out movie posters of all of my favourite (underR18) movies to pin up on my classroom wall. My classes of minions shall flock to them and become just like me.
I told them all to see The Heart of the Game (it is one of my posters).
Laminating rocks. But you can't laminate rocks (not literally).
* * *
I was helping to finish off the Year 9 quilt today. It is a gift from our year group to the retiring principal. I got bored last week and made four panels for it (out of 130 completed panels that makes me the dominant contributor - it's quantity, not quality!).
Today I was helping with the 'tufting'. I love that as a verb. I found 'tufting' very relaxing.
2 comments:
You should put up some R18's to tease them. I have a laminated Pulp Fiction poster you could borrow.
Hang on, its not R18. Unless I saw it illegally when it was in the cinemas.
Incidentally, I have a largeish collection of movie posters if you are looking for more variety.
mostly 1990's
I think it IS R18.
Post a Comment