Sunday, August 12, 2007

When you go to Hede next, get Set Menu D. You won't be disappointed and everyone will look enviously at your plate. Good call, Ange.


I just learnt a bunch of old-school Beatles songs on my geetar before going out last night (almost made me late - I drove up just as the taxi arrived at Ange's flat). Actually, they are from the later-albums they did (all on the I am Sam soundtrack which is entirely made up of modern artists doing covers of them - nice album).


All through dinner I was tapping my foot to 'I'm Looking Through You' which was running through my mind as I made my chitter-chatter with Ange and her flatmates and invited guests.


The tradition of seeing people actually fall over completely on the bit of floor between the bathroom and the first few tables continues. They seriously need to do something about that. It always seems to be slippery, and there are always drunk girls in high heels.......


I tried to convince everyone that white-people should never ever high-five (low-fives are permissable). Me and my brother decided on this rule years ago while watching John Paxon (or some other white Bulls player - maybe Steve Kerr) try to return a high-ten from Jordan.... and miss completely. He went in too high and his finger-tips were completely above Jordan's, who ended up high-tenning the other guy's wrists......


* * *


Marty is my Blog Reader of the Week for initiating a string of poetry. There is a very very special prize for this (similar to the one Richard will one day get for winning the DWTS challenge, as soon as he posts the required photo of him with Suzanne).

1 comment:

R said...

I did not realise a photo of myself with Suzanne was required. Must have been in the fine print. Hmmn. Will see what I can do...