1.
Scarf
My Multi-Coloured Harry Potter Scarf that I knitted years ago has recently gained school-wide fame. He was cast as 'The Scarf' in the school production of Beauty and the Beast, beating out at least two other scarves for the role.
It was his 'earthy' home-made quality and multi-coloured personality that won over the director.
I saw his performance on Thursday night. He came out with the crazy-inventor-father dude and was then lost in the woods. There is later on a tug-of-war when Belle tries to wrestle him away from the fiend who has found him. He did his own stunts.
If I may say so myself, he was a scene stealer. I heard reports that on opening night he was a little nervous, and got himself wound around the wheels of the inventor's car-like-contraption, causing moments of panic. We all get nervous, I reassured him afterwards. And he did better after that.
There were parents and grandparents of the human actors in the audience - but none were beaming as brightly as I was at the performance of my wee Scarf.
He is now offically an ac-tor (say it the posh way, please). He can go to parties with other famous ac-tors wearing their own scarves (as ac-tors are want to do).
2.
Netball
I like being in a league that we can win. It is happy-making for me.
I was going to say after the game that I particularly enjoyed beating a team of people who look like they go to the gym and go for long runs..... unlike us. But then I realised, I may actually be the only one in the team who is a non-exercisor and that I should not bring you all down with me by making that generalisation.
I have been invited back to play basketball (for my old old team, the one who decided they didn't want me last season after I quit the new team to go back to them).
That will make me less winter-flabby, I hope.
I have been hibernating.
I have a good store of acorns.
No comments:
Post a Comment