He wore three birthday t-shirts.
There were two cakes.
I ate 247 chippies.
There were five people from our netball team present.
There were three people from the 'Take down that B****** Richard' group present.
One person admitted to having seen my profile on Findsomeone. There was one cringe from me.
At least six people had a play on the guitar.
Damon and Shirley turned up five hours after the time on the invite.
There were two rats. Neither of them touched me.
Sam turned 31 years old. That's two more than my age. That makes ME the baby, and not Kirsten.
I got two text messages on my cellular phone. I replied to one 0f them. At the maximum, I had three bars of reception.
How you like THEM apples?
* * *
Tonight we versused the top team in our indoor grade. We were primed for a grudge match, being a few points behind them in second place on the table. It was like Daniel-san taking on Kobra-kan in the final. I was looking for weak points on the opposition's legs....... Justin had out his little drum-thingie.
Then we took to the court. And they were very average. They had one jolly good player - a girl who could shoot twos and stabilised the middle of the court as well. But other than that they were decidedly average.
They did not merit our adversarial anticipation.
I suspect they may be purposefully hiding their other good players from us, ready to unleash them in the playoffs when we least expect it. Or maybe they have figured out that the team that is coming 4th is actually quite good, and hence are aiming for the 2nd vs 3rd semifinal spot.
Whatever game they're playing at - they'd better bring more than that next time they square up against us.
Yeah!
Me and Morgan almost held them to ZERO points in the final quarter. But he got his ganglehand caught up in the net by jumping too high and so they got a pity-point from the ref for 'interference'. And they got one other shot it. But we let them get that in.
So, Sam is still the only one to have a shut-out. Albeit in a different sport, and one lasting the entire game.....
1 comment:
Kate, I miss your bloggings.
I cut out all the invites and they've made a nice neat little pile. I shall deliver them to you on Sunday at some stage.
Angiepoo
Post a Comment