Top Ten Things about Winter
1) You can leave chocolate lying out and it doesn't melt.
2) You don't have to shave your underarms very often. Some people (who shall remain nameless) take this opportunity to experiment and see how long they can grow the hair on one underarm before they start physically repulsing people..... apparently she got to the point where you could see it creeping out the side of her arm even when it was flat against her body.3) I no longer feel obligated to just order the chicken salad. Hearty food rules!
4) Less ice-cream cravings.
5) Going through the Hataitai tunnel on foot is actually a relief (it's sheltered and the winter wind makes the fumes less fumey).
6) Beanie Time! Unless you have a GIANT head and you look like a fisherman when you wear hats (not mentioning names).7) It's more socially acceptable to be pale and pasty.
8) Playing upstairs at WIS is actually bearable (there is no heart-attack risk from heat exhaustion).
9) Cuddling is both fun AND an economical form of heating (especially for a bad-circulation body-heat vampire like me).
10) Fog is pretty. Rain sounds nice when you're inside. Puddles are fun when you have gumboots.
I was possibly reaching a bit there but it's better to accentuate the positives, isn't it?
Who's hosting the mid-winter christmas party on June 25th, huh? Who wants to be my mid-winter christmas secret santa? There's a $5 limit and you can't go wrong buying me crazy stuff from the Asian aisle at the supermarket. Who isn't partial to a refreshing can of SWEAT?
(Note how the low-angle and petite size of the can emphasise The Gollums.)
For no particular reason I will now show you a picture of my dad's spare rib. He had it removed last year as part of an operation to stop the deterioration of his back (hence his need to walk with a gentlemanly cane - and you just thought he was being eccentric!).

He kept it in a tub for ages and insisted that anyone who visited have a look. I learnt that rotting human flesh does not smell nice. He's the kind of person who would have his kidney stones made into jewelry. It explains a lot about me :) I'd do the same!
3 comments:
Bosh. Try playing upstairs at WIS during a hot midsummers day, then you can talk about heat exhaustion.
The spare rib reminds me of the foot long steel rod an old friend of mine kept after it had been removed from his leg after a nasty break.
I reckon the fisherman look is going to take off :)
When I was about three I got a raisin stuck up my nostril (don't ask how).
When the doctor at the after-hours got it out, I remember wanting to keep it. Actually, I may still have wanted to EAT it.... I was only three!
Post a Comment