Friday, August 24, 2007

Leg Waxing

I'm going to wax philosophical about waxing. Boys may like to stop reading.

My top ten 'Leg Waxing facts'
1) I almost always do my right leg first, starting at just below the knee and going right around. Then doing my lower calves, ankle, knee and lower-thigh. Repeat for left leg. I have found most girls have this kind of routine.
2) I like 'Nair' the best. Veet and Nads are dumb.
3) It is handy to have a damp flannel nearby so that when your fingers get sticky you can unsticky them.
4) If you lose the wooden smearer-thingie, you can easily use a Magnum icecream stick.
5) Applying talcom powder to your legs before waxing helps because it takes away any residual moisture and it shows you where you've been.
6) Flatmates tend not to appreciate you waxing your legs in public areas or leaving the strips strewn around the laundry (oops).
7) There is nothing more satisfying than looking down and seeing that you've ripped off HEAPS of hairs from the root and it's all stuck in your waxy gooey strip you just yanked off.
8) There are few things in life more painful than waxing your bikini line.
9) I usually need to rewax after 2.5 weeks.
10) I usually can't be bothered waxing for another 1.5 weeks after that.

And it is just ridiculous how girly boys are about pulling off a teeny weeny band-aid.

I feel like doing another top ten.

Top Ten Pieces of Advice for Internet Dating
1) Go with your instincts. They are usually right. If someone seems a little dim, they probably are. If someone seems a little obnoxious, they probably are.
2) You will know within five seconds how you feel about someone once you meet them. If they are wearing a shirt with flames on it you can cut that down to two seconds.
3) Photos can be misleading. You can look fairly normal on film and turn out to be a younger version of Mr Bean.
4) The process tends to go: smile, message, exchange first-names, more messages, exchange cell-phone numbers, possibly a phone call or text, meet for a 'casual' drink or lunch. It varies after that.
5) The usual rules and etiquette of monogomy do not apply. People may be messaging and flirting with multiple people and have dates with multiple people within days. The true sign of commitment is when they take their profile down.
6) Short messages like 'how you doin'?' are 'feelers' that are sent to many many people. If they don't comment specifically on your profile they are either not terribly keen or morons. Either way, not worth it.
7) Best keep away from guys who mention how busy they are with work more then three times on the first page of their profile.
8) It's like karaoke - not nearly so bad once you have the first one under your belt (and probably easier if you're drunk, though not necessarily better).
9) More people have done it than you think. Just about everyone I know in their late-20s who is single has at least dabbled.
10) It's like shopping! You look down the list of vital stats and can be as fussy as you like ... 'Too short'..... 'Too unqualified'.... 'Can't punctuate'..... 'Likes car-racing'.....

2 comments:

Off-Black said...

At least you don't have to shave your face. I think boys not wanting to talk/listen about womanly things isn't fear so much as it is apathy. We just don't understand and don't care!
Try and gross me out. Go on.....

Not Kate said...

I could gross you out! I bet I could. But I'd gross myself out at the same time, so it wouldn't be worth it.... due to my bouts of prudeishness.

Say what you want anyhow, but a guy with 5-oclock shadow is sexy. A girl with stubbles on her legs isn't.