In the meantime I will randomly generate a few things from my books of useless information.
Ponder me this
A few random questions from the 'Can I ask you a personal question?' book Fish and her husband got me as a present some time. There are 1000!
#859
What do you love the smell of?
#485
What was the last thing you lost?
#931
How could you improve yourself?
#855
Can you do any impressions?
Think silently or post comments to share.
My answers are:
- Freshly mown lawns and washed sheets and vivids.
- A brown towel. It's an expensive Egyptian cotton one. I had a pair of them and one's gone missing. I suspect flatmate-borrowing.
- By eating more vegetables and stopping avoiding things and getting my bloody licence and getting my eyebrows waxed and getting a bionic arm made out of titanium for me.
- Helen Clark. Don't ask unless I'm drunk.
***
Words of the Day
nudnick (Yiddish) a yakky, agressively boring person
mono-no-aware (Japanese) appreciating the sadness of existence
mahj (Persian) looking beautiful after a disease
bakku-shan (Japanese) a girl who appears pretty when seen from behind but not from the front*
koro (Japanese) the hysterical belief that one's penis is shrinking into one's body
capoclaque (Italian) someone who coordinates a group of clappers
And my personal favourite....
plimpplampletteren (Dutch) the skimming of a flat stone as many times as possible on the surface of the water
* similar to a phrase my brother uses, 'Picasso babe' (someone who looks pretty from a distance because they've kinda tarted themselves up and optimised their looks, but are not naturally pretty up close. I guess it stems from the idea that anyone can look good in an abstact painting)
Think on This One
And from 'Wisdom for Life'.....
Page 293
If god did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.
- Francois Voltaire
Page 33
Dirt is not dirt, but only something in the wrong place.
- Henry John Temple
Page 269
Altruism: the art of doing unselfish things for selfish reasons.
- Anon
Page 179
There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy.
- Robert Louis Stevenson
4 comments:
That is a well travelled book. Came all the way from
Norfolk Island it did, and points unknown before that
#859
Burnt Kerosene (jet fuel).
#485
My favourite floppy green sunhat that I left on a bus in Denarau. It's not really lost. Someone in Fiji is just looking after it for me.
#931
Be more confident. be better at recieving compliments and accepting that they are sincere.
#855
No. I can do a good Kermit the frog voice though. Requires booze.
I like that photo. You're talking about lasers.
I remember when we saw that book. We both said, "That would be perfect for Kate!"
anyway, #859:
Home.
#485:
I lost my engagement ring a while back. Then I got a replacement. Then I found the first one so I had two. Then I gave one back to State Insurance :)
#931:
Stop eating crap food then all the exercise I do might actually do something...
#855:
I was really good at (don't laugh) Kylie Mole when I was 15. I had a gym slip and a wig and everything.
Like, Kylie Mole eh. How spack!
I will be asking for a Kermit impression in due course.
We ARE talking about lasers in that photo. Giant ones that you could see if you pointed them at the moon.... and loomises (the largest frie in the bowl). And we're both wearing our 'smart glasses'.
(I just love that someone can be 'agressively boring' - super phrase!)
Post a Comment