

I am very looking forward to Sammy's 30th. But it brings up the issue of what to wear! The theme is 'wear your favourite tshirt'.
I see three options.
1) Wear one of my present t-shirts, of which I have many. There's 'ELK', 'I stopped in Levin', 'Judgement Day 2000', 'Levin - the Heart of the Horowhenua', 'The Baba Posse' and a few others.2) Buy a new tshirt for the ocassion. That's a fine excuse for a shopping excursion, and unlike buying that gorgeous dress for a wedding I may actually wear this purchase again.
I reiterate my liking of this site for tshirts and this one too.
3) Make a new one 'specially for the ocassion. Preferably with Sam's likeness on it. We have many ideas thusfar - 'Sam I am', 'Summer of Sam', 'I am Sam', 'Little Black Sambo', 'Uncle Sam Needs YOU!'.....I say there should be a compulsorary walk-off competition for the coolest tshirts. I can swagger like a model - I've been
practising.Note: the guy on the 'Operation Game' tshirt is apparently called Cavity Sam. And - does anyone else remember 'A Christmas Story'??? It was one of our favourite movies as a kid.
3 comments:
'A Christmas Story' is the holy of holies. Rarely screened in NZ, as far as I can recall. It made a huge impression on me.
I bonded with my American friend Kathleen over The Christmas Story. Ah, how I love you.
Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra.
'Who's my little piggy? What noise do little piggies make?'
So many golden moments.....
Do you reckon they have that at any DVD shops in town?
Aro might have it. If not, then I wouldn't think it's likely.
Post a Comment