TOP TEN SIGNS YOU'RE GETTING OLD (feel free to add your own)
1) People in shops call you ma'am or sir and parents say to their kids, 'Watch out for the lady' when they are in your way.
2) You fall asleep at parties at around midnight (I speak from personal experiences)
3) You often find yourself speaking enthusiastically about high thread-count linen in the middle of having coffee at a trendy cafe, and then glance around to see if anyone is looking at you strangely
4) You now enjoy going to home-ware shops and buying 'nesting' products like tea-towels and throw-rugs. You also consider these good and fine presents to give to your peers for birthday presents.
5) You find yourself more attracted to Dr Craig Valentine than you are to the young fellows on Home and Away.
6) You think of warmth and comfort when choosing outfits on a Saturday night. You tut-tut at those girls walking around in skanky boob-tubes and singlet-tops that bare their cleavages.
7) Your friends are actually trying to get pregnant ON PURPOSE!
8) You'd rather go home to your flannelette sheets and a good night sleep than score some hot young thing you met at the pub.
9) You actually remember things that happened two decades ago.
10) The bank starts offering you Gold Cards.
5 comments:
Two decades! Bah, I can remember stuff from the late seventies!
I am yet to get used to the whole 'Sir' thing.
Yopu know you old when....
you see 15 year olds driving and think they are to much to young to drive.
You know you are getting old when...
you wake up with wrinkles on your face from your pillow case and they don't come out till lunchtime.
I had to half-explain the scene in Pleasantville where the mum is masturbating in the bath to my sixth form class.
Seriously, I didn't know what female masturbation REALLY was at that age.
Do you think THEY do?
I didn't go into detail. I left it at 'exploring her sexuality'.
People who look like they should be at college in suits and ties.
People thinking that the 80s were cool.
People thinking that the 90s were cool.
Discussing zoning issues and mortgages.
Thinking that 40 is middle-aged, rather than 30.
Post a Comment