I am Home in Levin
I was texting Matt last night, after he asked what I was up to.
I duly replied:
- The train ride was peaceful. I read a book.
- I'm now reading a book about the history of Levin
- I've just starting doing a puzzle like a Sudoku, only harder (btw I ALMOST got it out then realised I'd made a mistake somewhere and couldn't figure out where!)
- I'm having a cup of tea
- I'm watching a documentary on TV1
- I'm going to Cobb 'n Co for dinner tomorrow
And then...
- My god, I'm turning into a pensioner! Good thing I'm only staying two days.
Today I have had a jolly good time. My highlights so far are
- Libby the lab almost pulling Dad under the train at the station, she was so excited by all the people getting off at once
- Lynne turning my electric-blanket on for me last night so it was all snuggly
- Lynne leaving two trashy women's mags on the bed for me
- Exploring the GIANT new Count Down supermarket
- Seeing the good old giant marketgardener statue
- Coughing up a satisfyingly large bit of phlegm
- Unloading a truck-load of fire-wood from the driveway to the woodpile (I developed a great strategy of throwing it two-handed like a halfback). I cannot emphasise how large the pile was - it was a truckload, not merely a trailorload. Dad and Lynne have bad backs, so I figured that would earn me good karma. Also might help develop strength for my forehand in Ultimate.
- Potential Flatmate #1 ringing up and making further enquiries and saying he was very keen on the flat. Good option!
Still to come
- Dinner with Lulu and Clintclint at Cobb 'n Co (Matt told me to order a traffic-light)
- morning tea with Fifi
I feel like having a nap now. The wood-chucking made me tired.
Good bye for now.
Whee... I just found a fun site of 80s games. I played 'Simon' for the first time in years. Got up to 15 moves.
No comments:
Post a Comment