ACROPHOBIA IS BACK!!!!!
I just did a net-search and found that my favourite old internet game is back. I used to wile away hours with my little Brazilian friend, Chiphead, playing it in my student days. Hilarious witty word fun! Me and Chip had a few games for old times sake. He did miserably, but I managed to win back-to-back games. Some would even say I DOMINATED!
The Game
You get given a bunch of letters and have to turn them into a funny acronym.
Eg - 'B.F.A.' could be 'Bush Fights Anyone' or 'Bacon: Fatty aphrodisiac' or 'Batman fights apathy' or 'Bones fascinate archeologists' or 'Bling flaunts affluence'.
The game goes from 3-letters, up to 5-letter acronyms. Each round has an optional theme. Answers on the theme tend to get more votes.
Scoring
You get about 30 seconds to come up with your acronym. After that they're all shown anonymously on the screen (there are up to 13 players). You vote for the one you think was best. The winner gets to pick the next category and you keep the points you scored that round.
Winning
Once someone has reached 30 points the top two players enter 'The Face Off'. They get a quickfire round and the rest of the 'room' votes on whose ones were best.
Other Features
There is a chat-window at the bottom. Me and Chip mostly use that to say obnoxious things like 'I AM TEH DOMIN8OIR ONE - YOU ALL ARE LOSSERS!!!!!'. There are lots of neat features that make it a really fun game to play (eg - you don't get any points unless you vote for someone else, the fastest entry that gets at least one vote gets bonus speed points).
Your Turn
Try to think up better acronyms than I have for the following letters and themes:
NDB (show biz)
- Nudity does better
MACP (sports)
- Martina: A Czech Pro
- Marathoners are crazy pedestrians
- Most Allblacks carry purses
SSTWE (psychology)
- Sanity's simply the weirdest experience.
- Sigmund's sexual tendencies were elicit
No comments:
Post a Comment