Thursday, July 13, 2006

Look at me, look at me!

This photo is to accompany my post of 'The Middle Years', but I think deserves its own post.

It is from a 3-on-3 street-ball tournament. We went up to Palmy and were the only school girls team, so won by default. Any Levinians might recognise Jodie as my team-mate.

Note how very very white I am! I glow! I'm sure I was really that luminous. Also note how very very high my shorts are.

That was not a flattering uniform. It was also not strictly our school colours (they were red, black and white), rather they were the colours of the bar that sponsored us - Key West. Any Levinians who read that will laugh. It is a TOUGH bar where people in the Mongrel Mob hang out. I would never in my life step foot in it (though I watched lots of good fights happening outside it from my safe perch in The Warehouse staffroom across the road).

5 comments:

themachobox said...

she says only good things I hope

chiphead said...

Wow, you are pasty.

Not Kate said...

Machobox: Yeah, only good things! She's the proud big sister. Says you're talented, and that her new boyfriend reminds her of you and her dad (how creepy!).

Also that she's mounted a campaign to get you to move to Wellington.

fish said...

I notice you are jumping in the picture. Why don't you do that at indoor? White girls CAN jump!

Not Kate said...

I think it's trick photography :) I can't really jump. Or maybe I'm just old now. I don't think netball requires as much verticle jumping. (I have run out of excuses :)