Here is my weekend challenge.
Can anyone help add to my list....
TOP TEN THINGS TO DO WITH YOUR NOW OBSOLETE FIVE CENT COIN COLLECTION
1) Go around the city randomly superglueing them to the concrete and watch as unsuspecting passersby try to pick them up (possibly not as likely as glueing down a $1 coin would be at getting a response)
2) Make some kinda of arts and craft project (again, using super-glue) - perhaps a collage or an animal sculpture.
3) Papier-mache a light-bulb and then insert the coins to create a fantastic rattle instrument.
4) Bury them in the garden so that some child in the future will find them and think pirates used to live at their house.
5) Insert them into an unsuspecting confectionary machine (or have they already been updated to not take 5c coins? Surely there are some mangey old ones that aren't up with the play)
6) Use them as confetti at a wedding.
That's all I have so far.
5 comments:
Keep some with you at all times. Every time you see wet concrete, embed one.
That's the only idea I have at the moment.
...give them to fishy to use in her Statistics class when they throw them investigate the binomial distribution for large n (i.e. large number of coins)
It still has worth until 1 November! I bet there's going to be a lot of people banking their piggy banks in October.
I haven't even seen one of the new coins yet.
The new coins look like play money.
They're all thin and fragile seeming.
That's a relief.... I thought they were out of circulation for some reason. I'm gonna have to round up all the 5c pieces now then.
Someone was making the old ten-cent pieces into brooches -- they carefully ground away the coin, leaving only the mask. But judging from how much they were charging, this was a long and tedious process; and I'm not sure how easy it would be to do the same thing with the tuatara.
Plus, the "5" isn't conveniently out of the way like the "10" is.
But still -- another option.
Post a Comment