Thursday, January 24, 2008

While I wait to wash my hair dye out, I shall blog.

Just realised another reason why we've never had a girl in the sleepout before...... girls have waaaaay too much crap! Our already cluttered flat now has even more stuff. And I think Reidun will keep having small hernias until it is all put away in a more organised manner.........


On the plus-side, we have had no rats or mice this summer!


* * *


Marty's gig.



The comment was made that Marty looked Jack Johnson-esque (must've been the jandals). To me, this is high praise!


* * *


Two days until Cassie's wedding! I intended doing a rather thorough bridesmaid diet.... but plans have failed. Food is too good. Exercise is too hard. I actually managed to lose some weight last week.... only to put it all back on (chippies are good!).


And thus my stomach will protrude a little. I like to think that my imperfections will only bring more attention and adulation to the blushing bride..... and thus I can justify not looking more fantasmic :) It is a generous thing on my part, really.


I think Cassie will look gorgeous. She is healthy and has the longest hair she's had the whole time I've known her. Very girly! And she will glow (literally) with all her sparkles and glitter.


I'm sure I intended doing much more other stuff in preparation for her wedding.... January goes by way too fast! Morgan is right.


* * *


Basketball starts up again tonight. Always takes a while to readjust to shooting a heavier ball than in netball. And it makes me puff. A lot.


* * *


Oh.... and school starts back soon. Ugh! Work! Getting up early! Only good thing is that Julie is back at East.


I told her to apply for a job that came up at the end of last year (after she had worked at St Mary's for a year) and she did..... and then I heard no more. So I assumed that she hadn't got the job (or else surely she'd have sent me the 'Got it!' text.... or something...). This surprised me greatly, as our HOD has nothing but high praise for her from her last stint at East.....


Turns out Julie is just a slacker and assumed I knew somehow. So, yay! Always good having a friend on staff. Julie is super-easy to work with. And we find the same people annoying, so can share the odd raised eyebrow during staff meetings.


Oh yeah, and the accountant at school thinks last year's magazine was the best one he's seen at East. High praise! He liked the way the kids wrote the articles - more in their own voices, rather than formulaic..... I was just surprised that anyone actually read the articles. And I think we've finally found a printer who's easy to work with and reliable and reasonably cheap. So that's one less stress for this year's project.


* * *


Marty and I are finally at the same place in our Gilmore Girls watching patterns. Both up to Series 7. The final series. I have read bad reviews of it, as the original creator left the series that year.


* * *


I love jandals.


* * *


No comments: