January is shopping time. Many teachers have the same attitude. You look for excuses to get out of the house, after all your other friends are well and truly entrenched back at work.... and shopping is the most appealing one.
Yesterday I went with Cassie (fellow teacher) to the mall in the Hutt. Our primary goal was to get makeup for her wedding. She bought a sample of everything that had 'bling' or 'glitter' or 'shine' in it. She is going to be well and truly blinged out. I got my makeup done at a counter by a professional lady and proved to Cassie my theory that I look horrible in bright pink lipstick. It makes my eyes look ridiculously green and freakish. The more plum-toned lipstick was an improvement, but still dark enough to be a shock to the system. I'm more of a lipgloss girl.
I managed to bag a bargain to finish off Cassie's wedding present from a group of us. She was admiring something in a 50% off sale section..... and it happened to be worth the EXACT amount I had left in the budget. And it also happened to be a brand that I adore and own myself........ So I said to her, 'Cass - even though that's more for you than Ant, would you like that to be the final piece of our present?' and she said 'Yes!' instantly, dismissing the fact that it, in theory, should be something they both can use. She pointed out that most of the engagement presents were kitchen-oriented, which is more Ant's domain.
Then for meeeee...... three new tops. All on sale, I'll add. One from Cue that will make me look mega-classy at work. Cue is the best place for work clothes. Very chic. And it has the best sales (never buy anything full price there - much like Briscoes and Rebel Sports). Then two tops from Kimberley's. Cassie talked me into the 'slimming sexy one' which will do for her hen's party. It shows a tasteful amount of cleavage. And another one is my favourite new silhouette - the long baggy tshirt with elastic at the bottom. So comfy!
No comments:
Post a Comment