Damon hosted a BBQ that was primarily set up for people who went up to Hokio Beach (Levin) to use up left over sausages and beer. Damon cooked stuff on the BBQ. Because we are grownups, there were even lots of veges.
Mary, Dylan and Dave gate-crashed the BBQ (but were most welcome). Dave made a date with Fish to take her for a ride on his motorbike (she may report on that herself at some stage, but they ended up having a lovely time and riding all the way to Otaki to stop for icecreams).
Much fun was made of my 'face' (my blog doesn't have rude words).
* * *
We have been to two Summer Festival concerts. The first one was Don McGlashin in Civic Square. Unfortunately, the group opening for him firstly came on quite late and secondly played a very long set full of music that (as Dave put it) would be more interesting if you'd just smoked a big doobie. So we all piked before Don even got on stage and went down to the St John's bar and had chips and gravy and Tiger beers. That was perfect - out in the sun.
Tonight we went to The Warratahs in the Botanical Gardens. That was also lovely.
There are plans afoot to go in a group to the Irish group playing at the gardens on Tuesday night - and even be organised to enough to bring snacks this time. Should be a good night.
* * *
Ange and I went for a long walk today. It was my first anything-near-exercise all holidays. I am glad netball starts up again tomorrow! My belly needs shrinking post-eating-season.
* * *
Not long til Cassie's wedding! I have to be delegated some bridesmaid tasks for the hen's party, buy new shoes to go with dress and lose belly. I saw Cass in her dress. Awww! She's starting to feel like a princess. I think Ant'll be a happy man :)
* * *
Am currently watching Season 5 of Scrubs.
* * *
Avocados are cheap and good this time of year!
* * *
Shot, Morgan. Dave told me. Well, he had this vague conversation with me where he asked if I'd talked to you recently .... then suggested I called. I was perplexed and asked questions like, 'Why? Have I offended him? I didn't reply to his new year's invite.... but I often don't reply to texts..... surely he's not pissed off......... ' And eventually Dave hinted unsubtly enough that I guessed. So, shot!
Dave felt very odd being the one to tell me a good friend is engaged. He is well and truly in 'the loop' now. He's getting the inside word even before me.

2 comments:
Gracias.
Dave is indeed now in the loop, on account of me continually running into him in the oddest places and often while drunk. He was one of the first outside of family to know, which even I find very strange...
:-)
Strange indeed. And then I figured your New Year's crew of Fish, Michelle, Sam, Damon etc MUST already know.... so I gave them a similar series of vague questions.
And eventually one of them said, 'Morgue's engaged, isn't he???!!!!' with enough emotion and genuine surprise that I looked at Dave and said, 'Uh-oh - we just told a whole heap of Morgue's friends.... hope he doesn't mind that!'
For the record, we were going to feign surprise if you turned up at the BBQ and made a more official announcement.
And also, Jon was not in the know. We purposefully kept it from HIM. It's more fun that way.
Post a Comment