1. Not being able to freely wear jandals every day. I added the word 'freely' there because I may well still try and wear them, until a 'general warning' is given to staff and directed at me. I'm a rebel like that.
2. Having to get up before 10am every day. Ugh! I quite happily push Marty out at 7am saying, 'Get up! You don't want to be late!' and then go back to sleep for a couple more hours at the moment.
3. No more leisurely lunches and shopping trips with the other teacher-folk and no more meeting Marty for lunch in town with the other worker-bees.
4. Having to get used to my own hand-writing again.
5. An onslaught of new names to learn. I'm teaching two Year 9 classes and two Year 12 classes (a year level I have missed teaching each year, so they'll mostly be unknowns too).
6. Ironing.
7. Morning and afternoon traffic.
8. Having to greet everyone at work with chit-chat and small-talk about how the holidays went. I shall try to pre-prepare three varying responses to cover all questions. eg - 'Did you have a good break?' or 'Did you manage to get away?' or 'What did you get up to?'
9. Being the same as everyone else! It's fun getting to gloat and make average corporate types jealous of our job for once, while we have our mammoth holidays.....
10.
No comments:
Post a Comment