This is my 'clog' as you like to call it, Trace. It's fairly mundane but certainly a slice of life in Kate-land.
Tracey is a girl me and Ange went to school with. She is 'cool' (note my use of inverted commas) and used to let me cut her hair at high school. It looked 'cool' when I cut it.
Ange ran into her randomly at the cricket a few weeks ago but other than that we haven't seen her in donkey's years. Since uni at Massey.... so at least 6 or 7 years eh. Apparently she looks just the same though. We almost sang a song together in the school talent quest, or own comedic genius version of 'You say potatoe'. But she chickened out. Oh oh, I have played Ultimate Frisbee properly, Trace. It's fun! (We used to play our own version at lunchtimes.)
* * *
I've been home alone all weekend. It's nice. As I was telling Sam last night, it meant I could wax my legs in the lounge while watching a Gilmore Girls behind-the-scenes show. Not something you can do with male flatmates home. Or most female ones, for that matter.
And today I watched an all-new episode of The Gilmore Girls. I'm not sure if it's wise for Loralei to be dating Chris again.... time will tell!
Though.... I just realised I haven't made any contact with humans all day (other than through the magic of technology). That can't be healthy in large doses..... I made eye contact with a guy while I was returning a DVD at the library, does that count?
* * *
Kankle has faded significantly. It has proven my wait-two-weeks-before-seeing-a-doctor theory to be a good one. Almost exactly two weeks after I sprained it, I could finally feel an ankle bone in there somewhere. I came home from basketball on Thursday and it had magically shrunken. It was swollen before the game, and afterwards it was miles better..... Mysterious. Does this mean playing sports is GOOD for injuries? I think it does - I will follow that rule religiously from now on....
* * *
I bought a laminator. I will laminate everything possible from now on. Come to me for your laminating needs. Instead of giving out stickers as rewards to kids I'm going to give out small laminated pictures from magazines..... Cool.
Your next netball draws will be laminated. With stickers. On coloured paper. Any advances on 'I Pity The Fool' as our name? (I'm not gonna be fancy and insist they put foo' - so much could go wrong with that as I learnt with 'Chickens in Choppers', or 'Chicken Choppers' as we became.....)
* * *
I also bought a dress made out of merino wool. Time will tell if that was a wise purchase or not...... So much potential for disaster, and yet so pretty..... And it has pockets. I have never owned a dress with pockets! Genius!
* * *
Went to Sam and Fish's House-warming Part Deux. This one featured origami and icecream in cones. What will Part Trois bring us?
There was a cat on the lawn and a Damon in the kitchen and a Sam at the BBQ. Fish was all over the place.
On the way home rather than say 'Who the heck is that weirdo in the car next to me wearing a cheese-cutter hat?' I was able to say 'Oh - it's Damon!'.
* * *
I really am an old lady. My latest ailment was allergies-that-turned-into-something else. After having to carry a tissue box around school all day, I spent Friday night curled up in my duvet in front of the TV, with my hand pressed against my forrid to verify to myself that I did have a temperature...... Grandma would be proud of me. Though she still has many many more ailments. I have years of practice before I get to her category of complaining.
Lynne has been diagnosed with about a billion things after being rushed into hospital one night last week. Pneumonia is one of them. COPD is another (something about chronic and pulminary and disorder) which means she'll be on a nebuliser or two from now on. She doesn't do things by halves!
* * *
I am looking foward to school camp this week. It brings about another return to the scene of my flying-fox accident. I still have the scar on my thumb. I'm hoping I'll also get to ride a horse for the first time in years. I wasn't a horsie girl or anything, but they're fun.
I am enjoying the power-trip of getting to play God and choose the groups all the girls are in. I could help form friendships..... or destroy them...... THE POWER! I'm leaning towards putting the cliquey-loud girls all in one big group and letting them fight it out for dominance, and having the quiet nice girls in the other group.
* * *
Janine told me when I saw her the other day that my name had come up in conversation halfway across the world.
Some young lasses from Wellington were staying at her hostel in Edinborough where she works, so she says 'What school did you go to?' Turns out they went to the school I teach at. So she says, 'Do you remember Miss J____?'
And they reply, 'Yes! She's the one that was getting it on with Mr Ball.'
Hilarious! Me and Ken have permeated a rumour that has literally spread across the world. The power of teenage girls and their gossip! Do not underestimate it.
To this day I will swear to any girl who is forward enough to ask that nothing went on between us - but they think I'm just trying to put them off the scent. It's too good a rumour to NOT be true! Let them have their fun, we say.
4 comments:
i love the gilmore girls with all my heart. i'm only up to season three on dvd and am making a real effort to see no of the new episodes. i've already seen most of seasons four and five but i'm trying really hard to acquire amnesia.
also is the dress from max. i was checking out the max wool pocket dress and thought it was awesome. i've got a dress with pockets and it is the best thing ever. you feel like you can do anything in a dress with pockets.
also, if your dress is not the max dress where did you get it? i have decided i can only make a small number of winter purchases and one of these is s adress.
It is from Max - they have them in black or indigo. I got indigo. It is very comfy and warm. Goes very well with the footless tights look which I am very into because it makes me feel like I'm going to do yoga or something. Wearing footless tights somehow makes me think it's ok to sit with my legs wide apart, 'cause I have my leggings on (whereas I'd never do that in proper tights).
I wore it to work today and got good feedback. Lots of girls said, 'Miss - are you going out after work or something?'
Maybe I should stop wearing jeans and tshirts every day....... it may be a hint...
I own seasons two and four of Gilmore Girls. I am working my way through quite randomly. I think I bought whichever ones I found for under $40.
I have watched them all on my own.... very few people can tolerate the high-paced banter of the Gilmores for five hours in a row like I can. You sound like you could, HP!
high paced banter, well - personally it isn't my thing... but i tolerate it well enough. that is if tolerate is the same as LOVE WITH ALL MY HEART. also at the end of season two i wrote a jess/dean pros and cons list. and am about to write a christopher / luke list along the same lines. i plan to start season three this weekend.
Post a Comment