I got a stripey one. I almost got red and white stripes... but if I buy any more red and white striped stuff it's going to become comical. I really have almost turned into Wally. So I got turquoise and brown stripes instead (very similar to a long sleeved one I've got - but short sleeves and looooong). Stripes rule. I now have about seven different stripey tops.
* * *

Me and Cass had one of our adventures last night. We like to form break-away groups when we're out with people. When the rest of the posse we were out with last night (for Ken's birthday) went to the Cambridge we pulled back and reversed direction to go to Mighty Mighty. Can you blame us? The Cambridge isn't somewhere I feel comfortable going to in a dress.....
For a $5 cover charge we got to see Meat-Bix play. I have visions of a man in mis-matching socks, a pregnant singer and Kenny G's long-lost identical twin. The highlight was when they played a trippy version of Dr Who. We hopped up and danced with the man in the pig mask. I think he pointed at me and said 'EXTERMINATE!' but the mask obscured his words a little.
I revelled in getting a jug of sassy-red. I just like saying that. Sassy-red.
The rest of the posse found us and joined us at the primo table we had nabbed right at the front of the room. They didn't seem to like Meat Bix as much as us. We were singing along to our 'favourites'. It helped that the singer often just sang noises rather than words ('Aaaaaa-oooooooooh-eeeeeee'). We think we sounded really good.
We then had to follow Ant to Shakers. It reminded me why I don't like Shakers. It's a ..... young crowd. Though I don't think I ever liked it there even when I was young myself (I'm sure there was such a time..... my memories are becoming fuzzy).
Good old Cass! I enjoy our breakaways. We make a good going-out pair because we have fun wherever we are. If it's a stange band playing, we'll still pretend like they're our favourite...... I like like-minded people. And we're happy in our own company. We need not the excitement of other people. And we like taking pictures of ourselves. This is the picture where I look least like Morticia Adams. Note Cassie's lovely new birthday jewelry.
I can officially recommend the pre-7pm dinner deal at Mt Fuji. It's only $18 for several bits and pieces. You get a little salad, miso soup, tempura vegetables, your choice of meat (a generous portion) and rice. For an extra $4 you get fried rice and the little catching games that go along with that (catch the raw egg in your bowl, the cooked egg in your mouth, the rice in your bowl). Jolly good! And it's all done in front of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment