Our netball team has moved into the era of 'I Pity the Fool'. Morgan is to credit (blame) for the name change.
I think it's only fitting that certain players get cast with appropriate nicknames. Who get to be BA, Hannibal, Murdock and Face?
The girl playing defence for the other time was a prime example of 'what-not-to-do' in that she got pissy and lost her cool with us. She even refused to shake hands. Now, I've done that on ocassion myself - but never to a team so nice as US! I still don't quite get why she was such a pissy mood. I sure as heck hadn't mistreated her. I expect right about now she'll be reflecting and thinking 'Hmmm.... might've over-reacted just a tad.....'.
* * *
Pet Peeves - Edition 7
1) When you rip off your toenails and there's a jagged bit left and it scratches on the sheets when you go to sleep so you have to get up in the middle of the night to cut it off.
2) When I can can't get the label off ornamental things.
3) When I wash pillowcases and they don't get dry in time to put them back on before I go to bed and I have to sleep on raw stuffing.
4) Changing the bag in the vacuum cleaner. That cloud of dust and grime that bursts out of the bag makes my glands swell in anticipation.
5) Drippy taps. I have an acute sense of hearing.
* * *
In an interesting bit of work-place developments...... We were ('we' being me and my editor-in-arms) called to see the principal today regarding last year's magazine. The issue at hand seems to be that we edited an article and to make it clearer to the students reading the magazine, we added in a title when the property manager guy was mentioned (the kids having no idea who Mr L_____ is).
Turns out the title we added was below him. 'Groundsmen' are underlings. People must be pointing at him in the line at the supermarket and laughing.
I hate petty complaints.
They make me want to abuse my new-found knowledge that the photocopier in the library does not distinguish between A4 and A3 and charges you the same for both....... I could go crazy with that info. Giant handouts for everyone.
4 comments:
(3) A t-shirt is a good backup pillowcase. (All backpackers know this.)
(3) Owning more than one set of pillowcases is also useful.
But once you go high-thread-count pillowcases you can't go back to the yucky ones.
And high-thread-count bedding is too expensive to own a spare set of....
Hairdryers are very effective for remving labels. Melts the glue.
Nicknames eh? Clearly you already have personages in mind.
Post a Comment