Monday, December 06, 2010

December Already

Things keep rolling on.

I went to Toast Martinborough for the first time. I thought the wine would be cheaper.

I went to the Eastbourne and Thorndon fairs. Fair fudge.

I went to the Rocky Horror Picture Show. The transvestite guy was good.

I did a quiz at Chicago. We should listen to Morgan more often - he is a Da Vinci Code expert.

I had some christmas lunches already.

I had a birthday.

I watched a sexual thriller with Rich.

I sat underneath the christmas tree and looked up.

I went to the Downsies group. We danced like Abba.

I have been eating lots of strawberries, peas and beetroot salads.

I discovered pear cider and elderflower cordial.

* * *

Today my class debated the moot 'That social networking is good for friendships'. I wanted the negating team to win. It seemed a more interesting case. They didn't.

* * *

For my birthday I got three of my Pete-prints framed properly. In white frames. Apparently they are ready so I can go pick them up tomorrow. Fun.

* * *

A game I often play with myself is the where's-that-from game. I'll look around my room and try to find as many things as I can that are from my childhood, or gifts from people or things I've bought myself.

Anyhow, one of my favourite things from my childhood is a vase that I have. It has tulips painted on it in bright summery colours. At the Thorndon Fair I saw a fundraising calender for sale and my jug was on the cover. It was a calender of jug photos. I tried to find out more about my jug, but there were no additional details.

I had always imagined it was a one-off, so this was a surprise.

2 comments:

Morgan Davie said...

i am libelled by your characterisation

missrabbitty said...

and frank-n-furter was terrible...the narrator, however, was a legend...just ask rich.