Tonight a girl hurt herself fairly decently at b'ball. Wrenched her knee and had to be carried off the court.
Then she vomitted.
She was fairly woozie after that and the sports co-ordinator put her in the recovery position. I had total faith in his ability to deal with the situation -until he pulled me aside and said, 'Uh - what do you reckon - should we call an ambulance or just let her mum pick her up???' and he seemed open to suggestion.
I thought, 'Dude! You're the sports guy with (presumably) first aid certificates up the yin-yang ... That's like me going to you and asking where the apostrophe goes. It's kinda concerning.....'
Anyhow.... My amateur call that she was in slight shock and pulled herself out of it was right. Sucks to be her - it's her 18th in two days and she had planned to go clubbing. All she'll be doing now is hobbling.
My confidence in waiting til the mum arrived was based mostly on thinking she helped run the Wellington basketball league.... I realised part-way through this that I was thinking of the girl's cousin..... Oops. Turns out she works in a hospital anyhow.
No comments:
Post a Comment