Today we had a girly day of eating, shopping, eating, shopping and eating.
Five of us met up at Cafe L'affaire for brunch to kick it off. De-lightful!
We had:
- Many moccachinos (they serve them with Sante bars in them!)
- A berry smoothie (far too healthy, not enough cream or icecream for my liking)
- poached egg on toast with hollandaise
- bagels with cream cheese and salmon/jam (not together)
- a railway pie with gravy
- chips and aioli
And we gossipped about many a thing.
Then we went to
- Miss Wong
- Magnolia
- Popup (two of us bought T-shirts)
- Rex Royale (a sale was advertised, but we found nothing reduced)
- Farmers (two of us got underwear and others got mascare, tissues, pjs and jeans)
- Wild Pair (two of us got pairs of Sketches, I got a dotty-top)
Then it was lunch at The Dixon St Deli. I was busy still trying stuff on at Wild Pair, so only caught the dregs of Ange's satay chicken filo and chocoloate brownie. Not sure what else was consumed.
Then it was off towards Lambton Quay
- Glassons (cheap gloves - a few silly hats tried on)
- James Smith Market (a gift was bought at Mr Thank You, fairy-lights - many silly hats tried on)
- Surf and Skate (one beanie purchased)
- The Vault (one more beanie and a fancy silver laticed ring)
There was then a coffee break at Starbucks. Again, my shopping stamina was superior to the others so I went on a detour to the Levi's shop, Ruby and Riccochet, but found nothing to my liking. The others had creamy looking frappachinos. I had water to keep up my amazing stamina and not dehydrate. People were starting to wane. There was less gossip.
Then it was on down the Quay for real.
- Small Acorns (adorable stripey stretch-and-grow with pictures of pirates on it was bought for a baby shower, many lipsticks tried on)
- Cue
- Nest (a nifty magnetic spice rack, a sugar disperser and some mega-strong magnet dots)
- street vendor (earrings - I'm assuming, again I was off on my own mission)
- The Body Shop (men's shower gel as a gift, free sample of coconut exfoliator gained)
I think that's it. Phew.
We should do that more often!
Prizes
Most purchases: Savage (six purchases)
Most expensive single purchase: Ange (four purchases)
Most restrained: Holly (two purchases)
Least bossy: Lauren (two purchases)
Most bossy: ME! (four purchases)
I am going to an engagement party tonight and will wear my new dotty-top. It will make me happy. And cold. But mostly happy.
2 comments:
hi not-kate, you should check the timezone settings in your blog. I have a hunch they are still the default US timezone setting.
If log into blogger and check setting/ formatting/ Timezone the correct setting is Pacific/ Auckland. This should make your post dates make sense. :)
So you're not making that comment at 4.05am the morning before your half-marathon? That makes sense.
Post a Comment