So we went to the roller derby last night (me, Michelle, Sam and Cassie - Jon and Malcolm were there with their Creature buddies - evidently Malcolm has finally lured Jon over to the darkside). If you didn't hear about the derby you were in the wrong time at the wrong place - seems to be an element of luck in having got a flier at the Cuba Carnival. But enough people knew that it was a sell-out and many people (including Morgan) were turned away. We estimate several hundred were in attendance (high estimate was 500).
I liked it! There were a fair amount of tactics at play and the costumes added greatly to my enjoyment. My team were the 'Brutal Pageant' while Sam and Cassie were going for 'Smash Malice', which had a skater nicknamed 'Savage', hence Cassie's loyalty.
My team kicked ass.
I think despite all the carnage of people falling over, there were no major injuries, though I'm guessing they were fairly bruised afterwards. I like a sport where the first two rows have a serious risk of being bowled into at some point! Adds to the drama.
Good night of entertainment - though sitting on the floor for two hours was a bit not-fun. The 2/3s time entertainment was awesome. It was a disco-skater guy who did all these cool tricks.
If not for my inability to skate, I'd wanna be in the derby.
* * *
I was most impressed with Cass's self-discipline with the food and drink. She must be in The Zone!
* * *
Much time was spent debating what constituted a 'power ballad', as the U-Choose Top 40 seemed to have no idea (Ronan Keating most certainly does NOT count). I was reminded of Jon's penchant for singing Bonnie Tyler songs. And also was reminded of how truly random power ballad videos are.
* * *
The Moo's team spirit drinks were drunk. And Jon's MPVness trophy was nibbled at. He is going to frame the tin-foil wrapping.
4 comments:
I think you mean MVPness, rather than MPVness.
Maybe I do....
MPV = people mover?
Is this your nesting coming out ;-)
If people movers are those over-sized monstrosities then I hate them with a passion, by the way.
I could rant about them.
They are a menace.
Post a Comment