Saturday, July 05, 2008

Rumpus time!

I am really quite excited.

After musing over costumes, me and Reids are going as nurses. How cliched! We really tried to avoid it.

First we were going to go as mental patients. Kinda un-PC, but we had this whole going where we were going to be planning to rendez vous with aliens (or maybe we even thought we were aliens in human bodies).... and everyone we talked to, at some point we'd say, 'Are you one of them???' and look at them intensely.

Then we were going to go as construction workers (from the Wellington City Hospital). But the overalls at the Costume Cave didn't fit very well.

Then I considered being a psychologist and wearing my smart-glasses and a lab coat. I woulda had a notepad and pen all night and taken notes as I talked to people.

But in the end, the nurses costumes fitted really well. I look like a natural - Reids said it looked as if I was just on my way home from work or something (had my handbag over my arm). Put on a bit of lipstick and some fishnets and we're good to go. Single girls out at the coolest party of the year :) Watch out!

No comments: