Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Disappeareded.

I blogged before, but I must've forgotten to publish it.... because it's all disappeared into cybernity. It was great stuff too. I think I was getting fairly close to understanding the meaning of life .... and stuff.

1. Shoppaholic

My name's Kate. My friends say I'm a shopaholic. But I needed alllll of it. Ok, I wanted allllll of it.
- $50 pair of Diesel sneakers (that's 80% off!) with yellow streaks down the side. I like yellow! These ones don't make my feet go numb like the last pair either......
- Mossimo skirt. It will be excellent for work and will complement my new boots very well. It has autumn leaves on it.
- pair of pants from Max. Hey.... they fit. I've been having trouble finding pants that fit lately.
- winter coat. It's an Audrey Hepburn swingy-coat! There were cheaper ones but Ange and Cass talked me into this one...... Blame them.
- pair of tartan footless stockings (to alternate with my stripey ones under my pinafore dress)

All essential stuff!

Ange, likewise, bought a pair of cheap Diesels (better than a poke in the eye with a stick) and some work clothes. Cassie got a Care Bear carry-bag.

2. Dancing with the Saints

We went to a Saints game last night and to me and Ange's glee the half-time entertainment was none other than BRENDON PONGIA and Hayley. With all the live shows booked out weeks in advance, that's the closest we'll get to seeing our stars in person. Hayley looked even hotter in the flesh. I wish I had a dancer's body!

3. Beer of Choice

Apparently boys don't like Radlers beer. That's because they suck. Radlers is great and tastes like lollies and lime. Mmmmm! And to say it's barely better than a shandy is not an insult to me! Shandies are yummy too. My flatmate Paul likes them and he's a manly man-whore. So not all boys hate it.

4. Netball

It was another Sunday of netball. I filled in for my cousins' team again. I was buggered and half asleep most of the game, but it was ok. My cousin's kids were there again (4 and 2 year old) and they showed me their jumping skills and said they jumped good 'cause they have a trampoline at home. I said that must be why I'm no good at jumping - no tramp to practise on. They invited me 'round for dinner and to their house to play on the tramp but I had to decline, due to my second game of netball coming up...... Apparently their other nana's out of hospital (seems to be going around at the moment) and they knew a secret, that grandad was going to take her out to lunch for mother's day. They're pretty good with secrets, those two.....

The second game was my proper team, I Pity the Fool. An ironic name in that it turns out we are the fools that need pity. We are in an uber-good grade with two-shooters galore. But I liked tonight's game - it was reeeeasonably close and we certainly didn't look hapless. Justin said he can smell a victory for tomorrow night.... I love his never-ceasing optimism! Maybe to rejig our tactics we should start using Morgan and Michelle at centre and put up some more twos. Give it whirl. Justin's hit 2 out of 3 of his outside shots now.... could be a secret weapon there too.

5. Mothers' Day

Oh yeah, in my disappeareded post I mentioned that this holiday doesn't have much relevance to me these days. It's always a bit awkward when people I don't know that well ask me if I'm doing anything for it. I just say 'no' and they look at me like I'm some kind of bad-seed-daughter or even admire me for making some kinda anti-commercialism stand.

Though I guess, what with lots of other people's parents being ill lately, it's a time to be appreciative of what you've got and what you've had. Most people's parents do alright by them. I don't do anything for Lynne on this day - she has her own kids, and she's more my dad's wife than my step-mum. But I still appreciate her! If there was a Step-Mothers' Day I'd buy her a card :)

Nobody ever replaces your mum though. Dad tried to fill in some of the gaps, but he's a bloody bad mother (not suprisingly - he can't cook or figure out what you want for your birthday, or even remember what day it's on). So I guess it's just one of those days where I miss my mum, even though it's been 13 years since she passed away. It's gonna be weird when I've been alive longer with her dead than alive. That'll be when I'm 32.

No comments: