Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Look!

I actually grew something. I have finally found a plant that agrees with me - the mighty succulent! Usually I buy plants that are flowering, and kill them. This time I bought a plant without flowers and have actually grown some. It's lovely!


I like how this plant sits on my windowsill and the flower kinda bends its head towards the glass as if it's peering over the Hataitai valley. Possibly it's really silently pleading, 'Let me out! Before she kills me like she did the others!' But nobody's listening, sucker :)

My herbs are doing well too. My parsley is flourishing. I like this low-maintenance gardening. Just leave the herbs outside and the rain takes care of them... and leave the succulents on the windowsill where it's sunny, and squirt them with the waterbottle every few days......
I am a nurturer.
* * *
Went on a course today. It was for middle-management. I did a Bachelor of Business Studies. I dropped my Management major after second year. I think I'd had my fill of management styles and culture analysis and whatnot. It's all coming back to haunt me...... I guess it's all useful on some level, but Management as an academic course always struck me as rather intuitive stuff. And I don't really like those moments where I see people consciously using 'techniques' they have read about - it's kinda patronising. I guess I am cynical about such things.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Your succulent looks SO HAPPY!!! What a gorgeous bloom! Love the color! Congrats!