The grade my team are playing in this season is the Women's C Grade.
It is, from what I can deduce so far, a grade full of short Asian teams and old women (sometimes the teams are comprised solely of short old Asian women). While the Chinese community have always represented well in basketball circles and usually have good shooters and quick hands..... they do tend to suffer due to having, at most, one tall-ish player on the team (if that - and certainly not tall by MY giantesque standards).
Flash-back: It takse me back to my earlist basketball days, when I was a wee third former. My team of friends was hapless at best.... and only won one team all season (by two points) against the local Chinese girls' team, The Mavericks. It was good times!
And then there's my team. Former B-grade contendors.
I think I got at least ten blocks in my last game, and I scored somewhere in double figures. I even did a 'move' where I dribbled the ball and used my steps......
I am going to get everyone to start calling me Lightning Feet (due to my extreme quickness and yellow shoes) and might request some sort of theme song to walk out onto the court with (in slow motion). *
It's a good grade. We are 3-0.
* I'm not actually that good...... The teams with 'Masters' in their names make me feel young again, though!
**********************
Netball was good tonight. The other team were a male down, which probably hampered them. But we played generally well, I thought.
SWEEP THE LEG!
Damn. I forgot to get a photo of Jon in his sensai headband.....
1 comment:
Enjoyed your other column Kate, it was brave & honest. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Post a Comment